Half way through June and it has been an interesting month. Lots of ups and downs, but mostly ups. I've enjoyed June because its my birthday month, but for some reason there is a gloomy feel to this month for me. Maybe because my uncle passed away a few days before my birthday a couple years ago.
I was looking back at that moment and remembered I had to miss his funeral because I had a final. For some reason it didn't occur to me how bad I would have cried if I have gone to that funeral. The thought of it alone started choking me up. This uncle lived with my family for awhile and he's the one who taught me the fundamentals of basketball, to appreciate scotch on the rocks, and how to play poker. Shoot, it gets me choked up just writing this post right now.
I just got news that my auntie (wife of my uncle) is starting to feel a lot weaker now. She was diagnosed with cancer a couple years ago. She's been living in Norwalk by herself (occasionally has roommates) and I would pick her up all the time whenever there was a family party. Despite her not having the best English, it was nice catching up with her. I recalled she went to Spain not too long ago with her church group. Hearing her travelling to distant places puts a smile on my face. Now, she's trying to get rid of her stuff in her apartment to move up to North California with her daughter. I just hope she continues to be strong despite the circumstances.
The bond with family is an amazing thing. Especially when your family has been nothing but good to you. Hardest part is letting them go when its not up to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment